Tuesday 29 November 2016

OMG: UNN student commits suicide after losing bet


A final year student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), Tobechukwu Okeke, has committed suicide after losing some money in a bet.
News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Okeke's body was found inside his room dangling on a blue rope by some of his friends with a suicide note that reads:
'My fellow gamblers, I am sorry; my family, I let you all down.'

The Enugu State Police Command has confirmed the suicide of the Agriculture Economics student and has commenced investigation into the incident.
In a statement signed by the State Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Ebere Amaraizu, the command said that the lifeless body of the deceased, a native of Awgu in the state, was discovered hanging on the ceiling fan’s hook in his room on Sunday, November 27, 2016.
The command said that a note written by the deceased to his friends and relations was found at the scene of the alleged suicide.
“Some of the excerpts from the note read as follows: 'I got it all wrong when I rejected Jesus. God gave me wisdom, God gave me all I needed to succeed. I rejected Him.
My fellow gamblers, I am sorry; my fellow lions, I am sorry; my family, I let you all down,” DSP Amaraizu said.

Image result for UNN student commits suicide after losing bet

The command noted that the body of the late student had been deposited at the Bishop Shanahan Hospital Mortuary, Nsukka, while the bereaved family has been making arrangements to retrieve it for burial.























Related Posts

OMG: UNN student commits suicide after losing bet
4 / 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.